When previewing a site from your desktop computer you can select an iPhone or Galaxy Nexus (Android) emulator. BlackBerry and others are on the way.
Tip: Don’t just use this while designing your site! Once you have a great looking site, take a snapshot of it inside the previewer. Then, scroll to the bottom of the site (still inside the previewer), and click the “Desktop” link at the bottom. This opens the desktop URL – still inside the previewer. Now, take a snapshot again. With these two screenshots, you can create a quick “Before and After” slide to present internally, or to your clients!
When you use a Map Element to add a map image of your location, the image is now also linked to that exact location on Google Maps. This means mobile visitors can view the location while on your mobile site, and have the option to click to that exact location on Google maps online.
A recommendation: Use the new feature, and add a “Map it!” text link or Link Element in there for extra clarity and usability.
We’ve added a PayPal element to our Elements page, for all Basic level plans and up.
If you are an existing PayPal client, all you need to create this element is to insert your PayPal email address and complete the fields for payment amount. Once created, you can lay this element out as needed on the site layout page.
As with Google Checkout, the PayPal button makes it easy for customers to purchase items directly from your mobile site and MoFuse does not take any piece of the transaction.
1. Set Up Your PayPal “Buy Now” Button
Set Up a Buy Now Button on Your Mobile Site
2. Drag & drop the Buy Now button next to the item you’re selling.
You asked and we delivered!
In response to your requests to set up separate mobile ad tags for the top and bottom of your site, we’ve recently made changes to our Mobile Advertising page on the platform.
In addition to turning ads on/off, and choosing placement (top, bottom or both top and bottom of your site) you can now also insert separate ad tags on the top and bottom of the site.
This is especially useful to anyone working with mobile ad sponsors, testing multiple ad networks, or just interested in maximizing mobile ad revenue.
Click the money bag icon to monetize your site with mobile ads!
We’ve released a new WYSIWYG editor that’s makes formatting content even easier.
With the new editor you can do more than before, including easily setting up numbered and bulleted lists, and viewing and editing HTML.
You can now copy any site, using an existing mobile site inside your account. This feature has been in beta, but is now ready for all your site duplication needs, and is perfect for …
…creating mobile sites that have a similar look and feel
…launching identical ad landing pages for campaign testing
…easily building out multiple full mobile sites from an original “template” you have created
…rapidly deploying mobile sites, for example micro sites attached to a directory listing
What Copies Over (almost everything):
- Site Logo (unless you override this by uploading a new logo on this page)
- All CSS
- Elements, exactly as they are laid out on your mobile site
- RSS feed settings (GUI and post settings)
- MoFuse Social Sharing settings (Twitter, FaceBook, Email a Friend)
- Site Settings features
- Custom text on fixed link navigation
- Google features including Google Analytics tags, WebMaster verification, & Google Mobile Checkout ID
What Doesn’t Copy Over: Ad tags, because you probably want this to be unique for each site.
How to Use the Site Duplication Feature:
- When launching a new site, fill in the blanks as usual.
- At the bottom of this page, just before clicking “Launch” , choose an existing mobile website in your account from the “Duplicate a Site” drop down menu.
- Simply replace or change anything that has been copied over as desired, such as Copyright, Elements, GA tags, etc.
* A quick update here! We’ve heard you loud and clear on Google’s duplicate content rules. We couldn’t agree more that you should publish unique content on all of your mobile websites.
The key idea behind the copy-a-site feature is that you can easily duplicate the format of one mobile site and carry it over to a brand new mobile site. We allow you to duplicate your content as well, but it’s crucial to ensure that the content is, overall, unique from site to site so that your mobile sites get indexed appropriately.
Tracking Click-to-Call actions is possible with a little help from Google, and Advanced Support from the MoFuse Services team.
How to Do This:
- Set up a tag for an “event” in your Google Analytics account.
- Submit a new Support Request to MoFuse. Include your Google Analytics event tag, your mobile site URL, and indicate the exact Click to Call element you intend to track.
With this information, the MoFuse Services team will install the tag for your manually. Given the advanced support involved, there may be additional fees involved.
Click here to read more from Google about tracking events with Google Analytics.
It’s official, we’re moving and shaking.
We’re happy to share that MoFuse was recently ranked #6 in the Top 50 Movers and Shakers in Mobile Services, published by Website Magazine, a print and digital magazine for website professionals.
Thanks for helping us get there!
The MoFuse platform issues have been cleared since late yesterday.
Please let us know if you experience any further issues by sending a message to email@example.com.
We are experiencing intermittent issues with the platform due to a database upgrade. We are working diligently to resolve all issues immediately.
Thank you for your patience.