Best of the Mobile Web:
1. “Survey: 49 Percent of SMBs to Incorporate Mobile into their Marketing Efforts Next Year,” from MarketingLand.
A new survey sponsored by mobile lead-gen provider Pontiflex found that 49 percent of small businesses (SMBs) are “somewhat likely or very likely” to incorporate mobile into their marketing efforts in the next year.
2. “Young Adults, Teens Lead Smartphone Owners,” from Mashable.
The report [from Nielsen] released earlier…shows that smartphone owners ranging between 25-34 years of age increased 15% since July 2011. That means 74% of that age group now own smartphones. Read the entire article
3. ”How Mobile Can be a Bridge to In-store Shopping,” from Ad Age.
A recent Google research project found that 80% of searches on smartphones are spontaneous, as opposed to planned, and nearly half of those are goal-oriented. Often those goals are purchases. Read the entire article
4. ”Infographic: Men are Bigger Mobile Shoppers than Women,” from MobileMarketingWatch.
According to uSamp:
- 27% of males purchase consumer electronics on mobile vs. 8% of females
- 23% of males purchase movie and event tickets on mobile vs. 11% of females
- 30% of males purchase digital content on mobile vs. 20% of females
- 13% of males purchase food and drinks on mobile vs. 8% of females
- 8% of males purchase office supplies on mobile vs. 4% of females
- 8% of females purchase cosmetics on mobile vs. 2% of males
5. ”Bloomberg Exec: Mobilize, Don’t Miniaturize When Designing for Mobile,” from Mobile Marketer.
A Bloomberg executive…said although responsive design is ideal for many marketers, blindly taking modules that have been put together for a specific screen size and realigning things to fit is not a good approach. Read the entire article
What is on your radar? Leave us a comment below.